Fancy buying half a pot of dubious foreign vitamins? Or some fake severed heads? Then York Uni Swap Shop is apparently the place for you. We looked at the weirdest things on sale in the popular online store, used by 5,334 students at the University…
1) Assorted vitamins. If you fancy using someone else’s medication for a party you are sure to never forget, why not buy a set of half used vitamins for £10.
2) Some faux severed heads. Why you would want these, I wouldn’t know. However, we are surprised that some rugby ladz haven’t bought these to wear in a banter sports costume yet, or to play a ‘hilarious’ prank on their housemates. There are also surely enough sociopaths in York (Think how many people stood for YUSU president last year…) to merit someone having decoy severed heads strewn around their house to detract attention from the real ones in the fridge.
3) A strange mix of drawing pins, paper clips, scissors, partly used face wipes, nail polish, half-used Boots shampoo, some sticky tape and some cotton wool. Really, these are uni essentials, especially as the Boots own-brand shampoo is only 50-60% left. Mmmm, other peoples’ half-used cosmetics. Swap Shop is really onto a winner here.
4) Two bottles of Irn-Bru, two of water and three of J20. Why go to a supermarket when you can enjoy the lukewarm delights of Cong Li’s selection of beverages?
5) A Willow t-shirt. The whole fun of purchasing a Willow shirt is when you are off your face in Willow, and are being so irresponsible with your money that you buy a Willow t-shirt as a side order with the jagerbombs for you and your boo.
Next morning, you wake up with the shirt and your boo triumphantly draped over you and then you’re like “Oh, shit, I just wasted £5 of my unearned loan on a Willow t-shirt”. So why anyone would skip all of that fun to pick up the iconic garment from Wentworth instead is beyond me. It’s like getting a henna tramp stamp – why would you go home when you could go hard?