These cookies are perfect for this part of term, when the deadlines are coming thick and fast and you just need a bit of energy to finish that essay.
The best thing about these is that they can be made whilst you are working! Also the cinnamon in these will make your kitchen smell amazing and Christmassy!
130g softened butter, 80g caster sugar, 80g soft brown sugar, 1 egg, 200g plain flour, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp cinnamon, 50g rolled oats, 100g raisins, 2 baking trays, greased and lined with baking paper
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, then add the egg and mix together well.
- Add the flour, cinnamon and baking powder, and stir until you get a sticky dough.
- Pour in the oats and raisins and mix in well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 balls and place well apart on the baking trays.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes on the tray, then transfer to a cooling rack.